Friday 6 June 2008

shadow shot update

This is what I have been working on for the transformation shot. This will be a silhouette projected onto the back wall:



Like I said this shot is supposed to be a silhouette of our character transforming. In order for it to work I had to break apart the coop and position a directed spot light in the right place.



It was quite hard arranging it to be just right so the shadow on the wall wasnt too long and cutting off our character's head. Also I assigned a background shader to the coop so it doesnt render out but can receive shadows. I have given my file to Luke so that he can do the secondary on the shot while I move onto the next shot. In the meantime I have done a rough composite of how the scene should look with the shadows and coop background plate:



(that bit at the end was a cockadoodle doo)