Tuesday 3 June 2008

Compositing

For this shot I we are having our character pulling off a bar from his coop. In the background of this shot you will see the rest of the inside of the barn so I decided instead of rendering out this background every time I will make a background plate which we render one and composite our character and bars ontop of that - this should save alot of rendering time but came with a few of it's own problems. This is a render of the background plate I have done with a rough lighting setup:


and below is a still of our character in his coop


when i composited the two shots together i got this:


if you look closely you can see that there is a distinct dark edge to where the two composites meet on the bars.


This is not good! I was looking around and found this button in photoshop -very useful indeed!


now that line is gawn!