Saturday 7 June 2008

Chicken laying eggs

I have finally finished animating this shot where the generic looking chicken lays a few eggs. It is very simple animation and I tried to make the sequence quite funny



Also today I have created a new lighting rig for our character separately. The way I was doing this before was to just make all the lights in the scene and link which light specifically affects the character, the bg etc....but now I have actually just made a lighting rig specifically for the main chicken so then i can copy this rig and import it into the other shots. This is the result of my new lighting rig for the character:



I am very pleased with the result, to achieve this I used different types of lights to do different things. I used point lights for sharp shadows, a spot light for a dappled soft shadow and i used ambient lights with the shade turned down to zero to brighten up and de-saturate the shadows to give the impression that light is bouncing from the environment.