Monday 12 May 2008

Talking about the film with Luke

The other night I watched back through our rough cut of the film a few times and just got to the point where I realised there was just far too much going on in the film's intro as it is. With the farmer hopping out of the truck and walking over to the barn where he forces the door open and blah blah blah....this is just not pivotal to telling the story of our chicken.

Today I spoke about this to Luke and he agreed, I have now suggested we cut out the bit of animation I done with the farmer forcing open the door (there is a video of this shot on one of the earlier posts of this blog) and also the shot Gary animated where the farmer is walking from the truck to the barn. Instead we can show the name of the film on the sign (see Luke's blog) and after that have it fade to black and have sounds of the door being forced open, then a large BANG where we will cut straight to the inside shot of the barn and our chicken pops his head out.