Sunday 20 April 2008

Animating and cuts

I have been working away at animating more for this establishing shot of our main character and the surrounding chickens. Originally we wanted to have a point of view shot with a shaky camera - however it did not look as good as we had hoped, so after trying different ways of introducing the other chickens I came up with this:




but this was also shocking... After thinking long and hard about it I broke this scene into quick shots:



The empty boxes will contain the other chickens laying eggs (I am waiting for the models and rigs to be completed before I actually import them and start working on them). I am still trying to keep our character as.....chicken-like as I can. As you can see in the scene I also have a lighting rig in this scene which I have been working on as I have been animating.....

I was playing around with a way to show the egg counter and initially came up with this:



I didnt really like this so i kept working on it and came up with this instead:



I showed this to the group and they seem to like it